Data Logging and Oscilloscope Software for the USB DrDAQ Data Logger
A PC–based data logger is only as good as its software — that’s why my USB DrDAQ comes with a complete software package that enables you to use your DrDAQ not only as a data logger but also as an oscilloscope and signal generator.
Now, I’m all for learning, but I don’t think you should you have to spend your valuable time learning to use the software before you can start using your logger, so I’ve made sure both PicoLog and PicoScope are easy to use.
PicoLog data acquisition software is a powerful yet flexible program for collecting, analysing and displaying data.
Features of PicoLog include:
- Collect up to 1 million samples
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Free upgrades and technical support
- Supports 32– and 64–bit editions of Windows XP (SP2 and above), Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (not Windows RT)
- International language versions
- Easy to set up and use with online help
- Real time data collection, analysis and display
- Programmable alarm limits can be set for each channel
- Data can be exported to spreadsheets and databases
- Save multiple setups for different tests and experiments
- Can be used with desktop or laptop PCs
- Supports up to 20 USB DrDAQs on the same PC
- Uses PC monitor to give large colour display, ideal for education and training
- Waveforms can be saved, printed or e–mailed from your PC
PicoScope is the leading oscilloscope software for Windows based PCs, yet it is much more than just ‘oscilloscope software’ — it’s your complete test and measurement lab in a single application. Using PicoScope you can use your DrDAQ Data Logger as an oscilloscope or spectrum analyzer, as well as control the integrated signal generator, the RGB LED and the digital outputs.
PicoScope is packed full of many advanced features including:
- Advanced zoom controls
- Auto-arrange axes
- Auto setup
- Automated measurements
- Digital persistence mode
- Mask limit testing
- Math functions
- Reference waveforms
Software Development Kit
The Software Development Kit (SDK) can be used if you want to write your own software or use your DrDAQ with third party software. The SDK includes drivers for Windows XP (SP2 or later), Vista and 32– and 64–bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows 8 (not Windows RT), and programming examples for C, C++, LabVIEW and Excel.
Please note: the software shown here is for the USB DrDAQ — if you own a parallel port DrDAQ then you will need to download the software from picotech.com